Do you have what it takes be a part of our growing team?
Entech Industries is looking for experienced Carpenters to start April 2016!
This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety (OH&S legislation) associated with this industry.
- Safety First attitude
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Punctual and Reliable
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ability to prepare, erect and remove structural formwork for concrete foundations, walls, columns, beams and shafts
- Mix and pour cement
- Competent in general carpentry such as framing and hoarding
- Able to safely hook forms and signal tower and hydraulic cranes
- Competent with all power tools including table saw and radial arm saw
- Familiar with concrete and formwork estimates
- Competent with reading blue prints
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
- Work is outdoors
- Participating in daily tool-box talks
- Reviewing and preparing daily Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Participating in weekly safety meetings
- Ensuring proper PPE is used for all tasks
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 8 hours daily plus overtime as required
- Exposure to cold/hot weather. Appropriate dress required for weather conditions
- Exposure to noise, dust, pollution
- Exposure to hazards such as heights, power tools, slips, falls, falling objects, sharp hand tools
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time
- Journeyman Carpenter Qualification Certificate, Red Seal or equivalent experience, or Carpenter Apprentice
- CSTS ticket
- Must have previous experience working with concrete/form work
Entech Industries offers highly competitive wages, 100% employer-sponsored health benefits, RSP matching, apprentice sponsorship/tuition refund and more!
Please apply by submitting your resume by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 780-469-0749.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.