Do you have what it takes be a part of our growing team?
Entech Industries is looking for Concrete Finishers to start April 2016!
This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety (OH&S legislation) associated with this industry.
- Safety First attitude
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Punctual and Reliable
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Inspect and/or supervise the mixing of concrete
- Directs pouring, tamps, screeds, floats; and prepares for finishing troweling and edging
- Apply architectural, exposed, patterned or stamped, broomed and smooth finishes on concrete surfaces
- Uses dry pack grouting and epoxy materials, and understand how to cure concrete properly
- Level and smooth the surface, round the edges, and make joints or grooves to help control cracking on the surface
- Perform hand troweling for hard to reach spots in corners, edges, and around pipes
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete
- Mix concrete, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools
- Competent with reading blue prints
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
- Work is outdoors
- Participating in daily tool-box talks
- Reviewing and preparing daily Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Participating in weekly safety meetings
- Ensuring proper PPE is used for all tasks
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 8 hours daily plus overtime as required
- Exposure to cold/hot weather. Appropriate dress required for weather conditions
- Exposure to noise, dust, pollution
- Exposure to hazards such as heights, power tools, slips, falls, falling objects, sharp hand tools
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time
- Journeyman Concrete Finisher Qualification Certificate, Red Seal or equivalent experience
- CSTS-09 ticket
- Must have previous experience working in a commercial setting
- Must have the experience with patching and dry finishing
Entech Industries offers highly competitive wages, 100% employer-sponsored health benefits, RSP matching, apprentice sponsorship/tuition and more!
Please apply by submitting your resume by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 780-469-0749.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.